Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) DOLE Pineapple Slices
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 9 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1 package (18¼ ounces) yellow or pineapple-flavored cake mix
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Evenly divide sugar mixture into 18 (2/3-cup) muffin cups, sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Lightly press well-drained pineapple slices into sugar mixture. Place cherries in center or pineapple, sliced sides up.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing amount of water called for with reserved juice. Pour 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350ºF., for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges and invert onto cookie sheets.
Makes 18 servings
Per serving: 203 calories, 6g fat (2g sat.), 0 mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 28g sugars), 2g protein, 3% Vit A, 5% Vit C, 1% calcium, 3% iron, 1% potassium, 0% folate.