- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 4 cups water, divided
- In a 1-quart glass measuring cup, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons of the blueberries and ½ cup water.
- Microwave on high until hot, about 1 minute. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and enough water to make 1 quart. Chill.
- Fill tall glasses with ice cubes, add chilled blueberry mixture and remaining berries, dividing equally.
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Tips for how to make the best lemonade
We’ve all had that amazing glass of ice-cold lemonade and wondered why all lemonades can’t be THAT good, am I right? Remember the last time you ordered a lemonade and were disappointed because it was too weak or too sweet or too much pulp or … This is the beauty of making your lemonade at home. Not only is it super easy, but you’ll be able to customize your lemonade and follow all the best tips for how to make the best lemonade.
- Use fresh lemon juice – void buying lemon juice from concentrate or pre squeezed lemon juice. It just won’t taste the same.
- Use good quality ingredients – fresh, vibrant lemons, raw honey, and good quality water will all help to make your lemonade taste great.
- Don’t just add all the sweetener – just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Make sure to taste test the lemonade mixture to see how much honey water you’ll need to add to get it to suit your tastebuds.
- Keep or remove the pulp – if you don’t like pulp, you can strain the lemonade through a fine-mesh sieve to easily remove the pulp.
- Make sure to refrigerate – after you mix everything, I find lemonade needs a little time to gel in the fridge to get those flavors to jive together and make the most flavorful lemonade.
- Add more flavors – try using one of the added fruits to your lemonade to make a whole new delicious flavor of lemonade.
- Consider making a little extra to turn into ice cubes for later so your ice doesn’t “water down” your lemonade.