Today I was Google’ing Mac Shell Pearl Beauty Powder, because I want it sooo bad. I came across a
picture featuring the powder with an earlier Mac collection called Graphics Garden (from Summer 2009 I think). It also included the eyeshadows Mulch and Gleam and I thought those are the colors I will use today!
I love finding pictures that will inspire me to try out new color combinations!
This is obviously a very easy and neutral look, but those are the ones I use and love the most.
I couldn’t find my Gleam (until I was done with my makeup), so I used Mac Jest instead. They are pretty much all the same colors: Gleam, Jest and Naked Lunch. Mulch is a gorgeous brown color with gold to it.
Here’s the finished look (with flash):
Two first pictures are with flash and the last one is not:
The products I’ve used:
What is not included in the picture is:
Mac Studio Finish Concealer in nw 25 for under the eyes
Mac Studio Finish Concealer in nw 35 for covering blemishes
Guerlain eyeshadow primer
Mac lipstick in…. thinking.. Hug me (I’m not completely sure. It’s depot’ed)
Estee Lauder eyelash primer
YSL Faux Cils Mascara
1. YSL Teit Resist Foundation. Still a favorite, in # 6.
2. Mac blush in Blushbaby on the apples of the cheeks.
3. Mac blush/highlighter in Hush on cheekbones. I’m pretty sure this is just like the Shell Pearl except this is more gold (Shell Peal is pink).
4. After applying eyeshadow primer, I put Jest on the eyelid leaving the outer third bare. Pile it on in the inner corner of your eye and pull it 1/3 underneath the lower lash line too.
5. With a fluffy brush, apply Mac Kid on the orbital bone. This is the transitional color.
6. With a clean brush, like a Mac 239 (that you haven’t used Jest with, otherwise the shimmer from Jest will transfer to Mulch and make it lighter. We don’t want that.) apply Mulch on the outer third of the eye. Blend it carefully with a more blending brush so you wont have any harsh lines.
Go over with Kid again and blend the crease.
7. Apply Brule on the brow bone as a highlighter and use it to clean up the area from the orbital bone and up, so the Kid isn’t all over the place ;)
8. I use Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink on the outer half on upper lashline and on half the waterline. This way the look isn’t too dramatic, but will frame the eyes and make them “open”.
9. Benefit Benetint. Actually I applied this last because I decided to have more of a fresh “pop” of color to my cheeks. I love this!