Ryan John Kelly is a Northern Irish singer.
Early life and educationBorn on 6 November 1978, Ryan John Kelly is from a village called The Moy, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. He is the youngest of three children (two boys and a girl). Kelly earned two degrees from the Queen’s University Belfast, being a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Graduate Diploma in Advanced Accounting.
CareerWhen he was seven, Kelly started to sing publicly. He has always had a deep passion for music and theater. Kelly is a current member of the Irish band Celtic Thunder, but he maintains his early musical background a solo singer. His first solo album, released in 2010 is called “In Time”; his second, “Life”, was released in 2013. With fellow Celtic Thunder singer and band member Neil Byrne, the duo have released three albums – “Acoustically Irish”, in 2013, and ‘Byrne and Kelly: Live in Australia’, in 2014; and “Echoes” in 2016
- Kelly, Antionette (9 October 2010). “Celtic Thunder’s own Ryan dishes the goods”. IrishCentral. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Keddy, Genevieve Rafter (17 January 2011). “Celtic Thunder’s Ryan Kelly Releases Solo CD”. Broadway World. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Alvarez, Olivia Flores (5 November 2012). “Update: The sound of thunder: A conversation with Ryan Kelly of Celtic Thunder”. Houston Press. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Patton, Kristi (3 September 2013). “Celtic Thunder singer given second shot at life”. Penticton Western News. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Boyd, Dale (19 February 2015). “Celtic Thunder returns to roots”. Penticton Western News. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Ryan Kelly FAQ (Celtic Thunder)