preheat oven 400*F
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 3″cubes
- 1 1/2 lb fatty pork shoulder, cut into 3″ cubes
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh good quality bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup V-8 juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- large bunch fresh basil leaves
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella, thickly sliced
Coarsely grind meats with fennel seeds.
In a large mixing bowl combine ground meats with eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley,
onion, garlic, juice, wine and seasonings.
Place mixture on a parchment lined 16″ x 12″ baking sheet.
Spread out mixture to cover parchment.
Sprinkle meat with sun dried tomatoes, basil leaves and 3/4 of mozzarella.
Roll up jelly-roll fashion.
Place in meatloaf in oven and roast for 1 hour.
Top with remaining mozzarella and roast until cheese is melted and golden. Allow meat to cool for
10 minutes before slicing.
THE LOVE: Grinding your own meat for this meatloaf makes all the difference in