And for those of you building, plans follow and here’s a few plan notes:
– Tabletop boards (as noted in cut list) are 83 3/4″ long
– Once you get one end cut for “curved” ends, use it as a pattern for the rest
– You may want to measure and cut as you go for the leg “curved end” cuts so the ends match up perfectly, measuring the short end of the first board to get the long end measurement for the second board.
– I highly recommend if you can running the 2x4s through the tablesaw first to get a nice square edge. Take 1/4″ off each edge.
– For the small cross stretchers, most miter saws will bevel 50 degrees. If your saw does not, you can use a 2×2 and cut with jigsaw/circular saw instead, cutting an angle cut at 50 degrees off square.
- Tape Measure
- Speed Square
- Pocket Hole Jig
- Miter Saw
- Table Saw
- Brad Nailer
- Drill Bit Set
- (9) 2 x 6 x 8 Ft. Boards
- (9) 2 x 4 x 8 Ft. Boards
- (1) 1 x 4 x 8 Ft. Boards
- 2 1/2-inch Pocket Hole Screws
- 2 1/2-inch Wood Screws
- Wood Glue
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
8 – 2×6 @ 83 1/2″ (tabletop boards) – measurement shown in diagram is wrong
2 – 2×6 @ 44″ (breadboard ends) – CUT TO FIT!!!
3 – 2×4 @ 38″ (long point to long point, ends cut at 30 degrees off square, ends are NOT parallel)
4 – 2×4 @ 35 1/2″ (long point to long point, ends cut at 30 degrees off square, ends are NOT parallel)
4 – 2×4 @ 33″ (long point to long point, ends cut at 30 degrees off square, ends are NOT parallel)
8 – 2×4 @ 20 1/4″
2 – 1×4 @ 36″
1 – 2×4 @ 64″
1 – 2×4 or 2×2 @ 68 5/8″ (long point to short point, both ends cut PARALLEL at 20 degrees off square)
2 – 2×4 or 2×2 @ 34″ (longest point measurement, both ends cut INWARD from measurement, one at 50 degrees off square and one at 20 degrees off square)
Build your tabletop first with 1 1/2″ pocket holes and 2 1/2″ pocket hole screws. A trick I do is build the tabletop without breadboard ends first. Then I take a circular saw (using a clamped board as a guide) and run it down the end edges to make sure all my boards are exactly the same length. Then I measure and cut the breadboard end to fit and attach it.
For a smoother tabletop, try using tongue and groove for the tabletop boards.
Step 2 Instructions:
This is the pattern for cutting the curved edge boards. Once you get one end cut right, use it as a pattern for cutting the rest.
Step 3 Instructions:
Attach the three longest curved end boards to underside of tabletop.
Step 4 Instructions:
Then stack the next row on top. You can hide screws here if you are using screws, just make sure they are countersunk.
Step 5 Instructions:
Build the leg sets as shown here.
Step 6 Instructions:
Add the second base to the leg set.
Step 7 Instructions:
And then the foot.
Step 8 Instructions:
And then attach the leg sets to the underside of the table.
Step 9 Instructions:
Add the stretcher with pocket holes to the underside. You’ll probably want to measure and cut this guy to fit depending on your 2×4 widths – just make sure it’s the same distance apart as the legs sets are at the tops.
Step 10 Instructions:
If your saw doesn’t do 50 degree miters, what you can do is just use 2x2s at an angle cut (you can make angle cuts with a circular saw to just about any degree), cutting two 2x2s the full length and overlappping them, crossing in the middle. Then you can go back and fill in the spaces with 2x2s if you want.
For the 2x4s, add the second part to the center X.
We also came up with a second variation with aprons just in case you planned to use the table for extra heavy loads -the aprons will add a TON of support but Jen felt that she didn’t need them. If you do the aprons, you’ll omit the center 2×4.
Fill all holes with wood filler and let dry. Apply additional coats of wood filler as needed. When wood filler is completely dry, sand the project in the direction of the wood grain with 120 grit sandpaper. Vacuum sanded project to remove sanding residue. Remove all sanding residue on work surfaces as well. Wipe project clean with damp cloth. It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.
- Kitchen dining table-- improved paint layer: we improved the thickness of the paint layer to make it more resistant to daily use scratches. 16mm Healthy and anti-corrosion table Top, Easy to clean.
- Kitchen dining table-heat resisting property: 5 layers Piano baking Varnish technology table Top, it won’t change its Shape even at a 200ºc temperature.
- Kitchen dining table-- MODERN and Sturdy Beech table legs with clear and tidy texture combined with a Eiffel designed inspired in the modernist mid century.
- Kitchen dining table--: Smart Leg design： 4 pieces wear-resisting foot pad to prevent floor scratching and damper noise. Embedded hidden screws that beautify and prevent you legs from bumps while sitting.
- Kitchen dining table-- multifunctional: intended for multiple uses: as a Coffee table, workstation, for leisure, and in your terrace or garden.
- Contemporary Dining Table: Dark, Sleek and Totally Handsome; It’s Simply a Treat for the Eyes; This Dining Room Table Is a Sophisticated Addition for Your Personal at Home Bistro
- Rectangular Shape: Dinner Table Is Made of Veneers, Wood and Engineered Wood With Sharp, Tapered Legs
- Minimalist Design: It’s Sleek With No Frills, but Absolutely Stunning in a Rich Hue That Commands Attention; the Modern Simplicity Will Match Almost All Decor Styles
- GREAT FOR SMALL SPACES: This table is big on style, but small in scale measuring 24 W x 45 D x 29.75 H inches; It's perfect for smaller dining areas and seats up to 6 people
- EASY ASSEMBLY: All you need is a screwdriver to attach legs and your dining table is ready to enjoy; Instructions and hardware included
- DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER: Ashley Furniture goes the extra mile to package, protect and deliver your purchase in a timely manner
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Designed and manufactured by Ashley Furniture Industries; The trusted source for stylish furniture, lighting, rugs, accessories and mattresses; For every taste and budget
- Set includes: One (1) table and two (2) chairs
- Materials: Asian tropical wood, Asian hardwood and Fabric
- Material Content: 100% polyester; Cushions: Attached, Leaf type: Drop down leaf
- Fabric Color: Tan; Type of pattern: Seat cushion and wood design on seat back
- Finish color: Cappuccino
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Weight limit: Table - 120 lbs; chair - 300 lbs
- 7" drop leaf each side
- COMPLETE DINING SET: Modern and sophisticated, this 5-piece set is complete with an elegant, rectangular table and 4 high-quality dining chairs
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Chairs feature a curved backrest and tufted faux leather cushioning, providing maximum comfort as you dine or lounge at the table
- SEAT THE FAMILY: Ideal for dinette, kitchen, and dining areas, this dining set seats up to 4 people so your family can gather for meals together
- HEAVY-DUTY COMPOSITION: Crafted with a tinted, glass tabletop and a rust-resistant, steel frame to ensure a set that lasts for years to come
- TABLE DIMENSIONS: 47"(L) x 27.5"(W) x 30.75"(H); Chair Capacity: 250 lbs.; Table Capacity: 80 lbs.
- Sturdy Steel frame with rich wood grain Finish
- Easy to assemble and works well in small spaces
- Table dimensions 30”x29.5”X30”h
- Multi-functional throughout the home
- Worry free 1 year warranty
- Sturdy Table Top: 7mm tempered glass to greatly increase lifespans [4 Placemats Included ]
- Reliable Structure: Steel tube structure to provide strong support for your tableware
- Easy Cleanup: All the mess will be finished in one single wipe, convenient
- Fast Assembly: Installation needs little time with provided instructions.Supports up to 200lbs weight
- Practical: Table 43.3(L)*27.5(W)*30(H), Chair 15.7(L) * 16.9 (W)*33.8 (H), Perfect for small dining areas / playing card / board games. Warranty: 5 years warranty and friendly customer support, email us when you need any help
You can try find out more about
DIY Dining Table Tutorial