Strip Twist Class Supply List
General Supplies needed:
Sewing machine in working order (including power cords and extention cords)
Thread, scissors, seam ripper,pins and any other notions you usually sew with.
Rotory cutter, mat and ruler.
This is a quilt pefect for using up all those 2.5″ strips you’ve been saving. Jelly rolls work,but what I’d really love is not for anyone to have to go buy anything. We’ve got more scraps than we know what to do with, right?
As you prepare for this workshop, plan on spending a bit of time each day pressing and cutting your scraps into 2.5″ strips. You can plan a color theme if you want, or you can go “kitchen sink” and throw in everything! Please include lights, mediums and darks in this quilt for interest.
Strips NEED to be at least 9″ long…..or 18″ long (2 sub cuts per strip set) So this works really well to cut strips from Fat Quarters too. Maybe you’ve got some that you’ve been waiting for the “RIGHT” project to use them?
Forever change the way you look at scraps! Best-selling author, Quiltmaker columnist, and esteemed teacher Bonnie K. Hunter shares 12 large, multicolored scrap quilt patterns in her signature style. Learn how to sew leftover strips into usable fabric that’s readily available for projects with Bonnie’s easy-to-use Scrap User’s System. This complete guide to scrap quilting includes full-size templates, 2 paper-piecing patterns, and a full chapter on quiltmaking basics for scrap addicts.
Imagine making more than one quilt at a time while watching your stash dwindle. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. Join Bonnie K. Hunter as she shows you how to get your scraps organized into usable sizes – and save money, fabric, thread and time. In this, the long-awaited sequel to Adventures with Leaders and Enders, find 12 more scrap quilts that can be pieced in between the lines of other sewing. Each is sure to inspire you to dig into your stash and start piecing.
- That Patchwork Place the big book of civil war quilts book
- That Patchwork Place the big book of civil war quilts book- explore the patchwork style and Scrappy flair of 58 history-rich quilts inspired by patterns and fabrics from the 1800s
- Showcase the traditional color combinations of Reproduction fabrics and popular civil war-era blocks
- Patterns sizes include mini-quilts, lap quilts, and large bed-size projects
- Use your favorite Reproduction fabrics, including scraps and precuts
- Elizabeth Hartman Fancy forest pattern
- Elizabeth Hartman Fancy forest pattern- a delightful sampler quilt featuring popular animal blocks, Fancy Fox, Hazel hedgehog, bunny, allied owl
- This Fat quarter friendly project is Sewn with simple straight and diagonal seams with no templates or paper Piecing
- The large quilt 67x 91is perfect for a Twin Size bed or as a lap quilt while the small 35x 47makes a it a perfect Size for baby's Crib or as a wall Hanging
- Includes instructions and diagrams
You can try find out more about