helpful packing list for c-section stays
Listed below are some things concerning you that you will need to carry with you post C-section stay. As mentioned, you may want to check with the hospital and leave behind the things that they provide. However, if you are comfortable carrying your own things, then you can do so too.
- Clothes:Â Stretchy, loose and comfortable clothing enough for three to four days. There is no understating the importance of comfortable clothing after a C-section. Although youâ€™ll be changed into a hospital gown before and after the surgery, you may want to change in your regular clothes a couple of days later. Donâ€™t get anything that sticks around the waist to avoid contact with the wounds. Also, avoid nylon or lacy fabric.
- Undergarments:Â Comfortable, stretchy underwear so that it does not feel tight or rub against your surgery wounds.
- Maternity essentials:Â Maternity clothing like nursing bras, maternity gowns, pants, etc.
- Other requirements: Towels, socks, blankets, anything that you may need to keep yourself warm. Some hospitals tend to provide compression socks after C-section
- Toiletries:Â Toiletries like soaps, shampoos, conditions, face wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair ties, moisturizer, body lotion etc.
- Sanitary hygiene:Â Maternity pads, since youâ€™ll see quite a lot of bleeding like youâ€™re on your period.
- Abdominal compression binder:Â To help protect the surgical incision and help you move around a lot better.
- Breastfeeding essentials:Â A breast pump. Hospitals may provide this. Nipple or breast cream. Most hospitals make this available.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Comfortable slippers.
- Medical documents:Â Your medical records, documents, and insurance information.
- Financial requirements:Â Wallet, chequebook, cards to make any payments.
- Bathroom robes.
- Pillows:Â If you are particular about your pillow, you may prefer carrying a pillow and pillowcase.
- Warm clothes:Â Shawl or wraps to cover up during feeding.
- Straws:Â Bendable straws in case you canâ€™t sit up straight to drink.
Apart from these essentials, there are a few things that you may want to grab on the way, like your phone, the charger, a laptop, a book or music, etc. However, be careful to not load too much and donâ€™t pick up things that will not be put to use.
For Your Baby
After delivery, you will need to make sure that your baby is comfortable and well provided for. While most of the essentials for a baby are given at hospitals, it never hurts to carry your own. You may need:
- Clothes for the baby. It is best to carry a few pairs of clothes as babies are known to soil their clothes quite fast. It is recommended to get onsies that have socks at the end.
- You will need to carry extra socks
- Diaper bag with diapers, wipes, etc.
- Car seat for when youâ€™re ready to take the baby home.
- Baby hats as babies are known to lose heat from their heads.
- Feeding bottle
- Talcum powder
- Baby blanket
- A couple of pairs of scratch mittens to prevent the baby from injuring his or her face or body with the nails.
- Baby jacket if youâ€™re in a cold weather zone.
- Soft baby towels and some hand towels.
- Bibs to prevent baby spit-up from getting on the clothes.
- Baby hairbrush
- Baby nail clippers
- Waterproof sheets in case you plan on using cloth diapers.
For Your Birth Partner
Delivery time, if not equally, is quite stressful for your birth partner as well. Here are a few things that can help both of you prepare well in advance and a couple of things that you need to remember as you are heading out.
- Clothes for a stay over at the hospital.
- Warm blanket.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toiletries like soap, shampoo, etc, in case frequent visits to home are not possible.
- Comfortable socks.
- Slippers or flip flops
- Wallet and cards
- Identification papers
- Insurance and documents
- Snacks and drinks in case he or she gets hungry during the wait.
- Laptop, books or music to keep entertained.
- Camera to capture the first few moments of your baby.
- Mobile phone and charger
- House keys and car keys
Stay Calm During Pregnancy: Ocean Waves...
Womens High Waist C-Section Recovery Slimming Unde...
- Body Shaper for Women : The waist cincher panty shaper tummy control butt lifter will help you look sexy in any outfit. This 3 in 1 tummy control butt lifter shapewear can be used as Waist Trainer, Butt Lifter and Postpartum Recovery Underwear.
- Butt Lifter Panties : This panty shaper for women tummy can tighten your bottom and lift your butt like body slimming, body shaper, shapewear for women, high waisted corset, bodysuit fitness belly.
- High Quality Material : 85% Nylon and 15% spandex. This is the perfect body control shapewear, design with 4 steel bones so that it will not roll down at the stomach and make your tummy look tighter with firm control / slimmer looking.
- Perfect Tummy Control Shapewear : Our customers love how this shapewear brief is comfortable and easy to use. Perfect for help you hide the belly fat, lift butt and control tummy/waist naturally. Tight body shape is kept in place. our high waist shapewear panties for women will slimming tummy and control body.
- Invisible Shapewear for Women Tummy Control : The high waist trainer undergarments design provides underwear panties make you look good in any dress/pants/shorts/jeans. Seamless, body slimming, invisible, butt lifter, body shaper for women, compression shorts panties that providing a slimmer looking belly.
- Suitable for Occasion : High waist training shapewear briefs tight your tummy, and the high waist underwear panties are for any occasion like wedding, party, work, workout, yoga, gym. GREAT GIFT for any women that loves caring about their body shape. New Moms, Birthdays, Christmas, Black Friday, Cyber Monday.
Lansinoh Nursie Nursing Pillows for Breastfeeding,...
- C-Section Moms - Slides on the arm, rather than around the waist, for comfortable breastfeeding positioning
- Super Portable - Convenient for moms on-the-go
- Easy to Clean- Pillow is machine washable
- Great for Dad - Comfortable, ergonomic design lets dad feed baby with ease
- Position Flexibility - Best with football or cradle hold but can also be used with cross cradle and more
iloveSIA Womens Shapewear High Waist C-Section Rec...
- 3 in 1 SHAPEWEAR:can be used as Waist Trainer,Butt Lifter and Postpartum Recovery.
- Hi-waist design creates a sleek line from above your waist to upper thighs.
- "4 Steel Bones" in the wasit part for shape and structure.Stays in place with no rolling down.
- Crotch Lining: 100% Cotton .Comfortable and breathable material.
- Machine wash.Wearing Occations: Wedding, Party, Club, Cosplay Custome,Holiday, Postpartum Mommys and etc.
ODODOS Women's High Waisted Yoga Pants with P...
My Brest Friend Deluxe Nursing Pillow for Breastfe...
- MADE FOR ENHANCED SUPPORT Â Essential deluxe nursing pillow for breastfeeding & bottle feeding features enhanced posture support during nursing alleviating strain in your back neck & arms
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN Wrap around design secures to the body helping mom & baby maintain ideal position and latch making it the perfect nursing pillow for breast or bottle feeding
- FIRM FLAT CUSHION Superior cushion technology eliminates the gap between you & baby most crescent-shaped and U-shaped nursing pillows have & keeps baby from rolling in or away during breastfeeding or nursing
- PLUSH SLIPCOVER WITH POCKET My Brest Friendâ€™s deluxe nursing pillow arrives with a plush extra soft slipcover that features a convenient pocket to hold water bottles burp cloths or any other nursing accessories
- BABY REGISTRY MUST HAVE This top-rated breastfeeding essentials deluxe nursing pillow is a nursery must-have and makes the perfect gift for any baby shower
VENUZOR Waist Trainer Belt for Women - Waist Cinch...
- â–ºâ–º WAIST TRAINER TRAINING TRIMMER BELT: Made of comfortable & adjustable & stretchy fabric, Flexible and durable, 100% Latex-Free Neoprene Stretchy Comfortable Finest Fabric, which means it is easy to clean, fits to your body, and will not pitch or irritate your skin. double-adjustment hook&loop for sizing accuracy mesh backing for breathability. Great for postpartum belly abodomn corset
- â–ºâ–º WEIGHT LOSS BELT: Our trimmer belt is made of Neoprene,polyester,which help the waist trimmer belt to be more flexible adding for the wearer.The slimming belt does not stab or jab like some other stomach belt do.Most of you would be looking to burn fat and calories.The whole point of this waist trimmer is to wear the belt while exercising and help burn more fat in your stomach area by basically making you sweat as if you had sauna around your belly
- â–ºâ–º DESIGN OF TUMMY TRIMMER BELT: Wide enough to cover the stomach area and stay put during exercise;Thick enough to produce the heat and burn the fat. Hook&loop closure to make sure that the belt is fastened tightly around the abs. Our tummy trimmer belt has a good amount of hook&loop to make people of many different sizes able to wear this trimmer belt easily.A spandex belt provides more cinching ability for this trainer
- â–ºâ–º TUMMY TUCK & BACK SUPPORT: Our best waist trimmer belt is very stretchy in the right places and provides tons of support on your sides and back.Provides instant abdominal compression and lumbar support.The slimming waist cincher does not dig into your skin and lays flat all the way around.If you have lower back issues,our waist trainers,like a compression binder around the waist to offer lumbar support,help relieve pain and improve posture
- â–ºâ–º FUNCTIONAL CORSETS SHAPEWEAR: Our waist trimmer belt also smooths your post baby tummy flab and love handles,helping you look slimmer.No more love handles muffin topping over your shorts.Ideal for providing compression and support for after pregnancy,postpartum recovery or post abdominal surgery,c section,lose weight,abdominal strains and weakness,tummy trainer.There is boning stripes through out the waist cinchers that helps to keep your back in the correct position
Intimate Portal Stay-Fit Under The Bump Hipster Ma...
- UNDER THE BUMP: Low-rise cotton maternity underwear stay securely under the bump without slipping or rolling.
- SAFE N SOUND: Our fabrics meets Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex and are lab-tested to ensure our maternity underwear are free from harmful chemicals and heavy metals.
- COMFY FIT: Lightweight stretch-band offers great comfort and ensures perfect fit, especially for the last trimester.
- NO WEDGIES: Wide waistband with moderate back coverage and stay undetectable under maternity clothes, dresses or pants.
- POSTPARTUM PANTIES: Can be worn as regular women cotton panties after delivery.
Medline Deluxe Perineal Cold Packs with Adhesive S...
- Medline's combined perineal cold pack and OB pads are convenient because they provide therapy and absorbency all in one product
- Highly absorbent pads are great for new moms
- Pads include adhesive strip for secure placement
- Crack the pack for cold therapy. Highly absorbent pad reduces leakage
- Cold packs are applied intermittently for 36-48 hours after delivery
Brief Transitions Disposable Postpartum Seamless P...
- STAY COMFORTABLE AFTER GIVING BIRTH - These seamless mesh panties are designed for postpartum and post-surgical women. Made of soft, stretchy material, they provide comfort and breathability. 100% latex-free and has a non-elastic waistband for extreme comfort.
- DISPOSABLE LATEX-FREE, MESH PANTIES - Made of soft mesh fabric, this postpartum underwear for women allows air to circulate freely, keeping your body cool and dry. The breathable design helps prevent rashes and keep you feeling comfortable all day.
- 5X REUSABLE DESIGN - This disposable postpartum underwear can be worn up to 5 times before disposal! Handwash with warm water and mild soap after each use if you plan to reuse them. If soiled, you can simply remove panties and replace them with a new pair.Easy and perfect on-the-go!
- THE PERFECT MATERNITY UNDERWEAR - Designed to be worn postpartum following a vaginal delivery or post-surgical following a C-section, these non-elastic panties for women are airy and breathable. These seamless underwears, used together with maternity pads, are also suitable for light bladder leakage and can be used as maternity panties!
- COMFORTABLE, SOFT, LIGHT PANTIES - This mesh post-surgical underwear for women is designed to be breathable enough to wear all day long without any irritation or discomfort. The soft fabric will allow your skin to breathe while healing post-surgery or after birth.
ObboMed MB-2530M Back, Lumbar, Abdominal Support W...
- Ideal binder girdle for providing compression and support for keeping your spine, back, lumbar safe and straight, relieving abdomen pains and injury aches.
- Breathable Elastic Back Mesh for great air-flow to reduce sweating.
- Double elastic straps with hook and loop closure for easy size adjustment, allows support adjustable from gentle fit to strong compression.
- 4 Metal stays for extra stability and support.
- Universal design is intended for both men and women.
Embrace Active Scar Defense for New Scars, FDA-Cle...
SPKLANDS Postpartum Underwear High Waist Seamless ...
Embrace Active Scar Defense for New Scars, FDA-Cle...