Things You Will Need
How to Plant Container Hostas
- Select a container 3 inches larger in diameter than the current root size of the hosta or plant in a container large enough for the hosta once it reaches its mature size in two to three years. Containers must feature at least one bottom drainage hole.
- Combine a slow-release fertilizer with a soilless potting mixture, such as a peat-based potting soil. Use the amount of fertilizer recommended on the package for the container size.
- Fill the container one-third full with the prepared potting mix. Set the hosta roots in the container. Adjust the depth so the top of the root ball sets about 2 inches beneath the container rim. Fill in around the roots with soil until the hosta is planted at the same depth it was growing at previously.
- Set the container in an area that receives full shade or partial morning and full afternoon shade. Water the hosta when the top inch of soil feels dry or about once every one to two days.
- Fertilize the potted hosta once monthly, beginning about two months after planting. Apply a water-soluble balanced fertilizer at the package recommended rate through late summer. Resume fertilization when new growth begins the following spring.
- Hostas may require repotting if they outgrow their pot, especially if you plant smaller hostas in containers smaller than their expected mature size. Repot the hosta in spring just as new growth begins.
- Add geraniums and ivy.
- 10 Mixed Hosta Plants - All colors, sizes and textures
- Hardy zones 3-8 - Attracts Hummingbirds!
- Bright green, blue, gold and chartreuse foliage with white or white and lavender flowers - some fragrant!
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer - Light up the shady garden with mixed hostas
- Ships from USA by Easy to Grow Bulbs, a California Licensed Nursery
- You are purchasing June Hosta in a Quart pot. American Hosta Growers Hosta of the Year 2001. Ready for immediate shipping!
- Medium-sized hosta with a blue-green margin with gold leaf centers. ’June’ Hosta is a sport of ‘Halcyon’ Hosta
- Beautiful mounds of hosta, large or small are perfect for container, rock gardens, edging and ground cover.
- June Hosta thrive in part sun to light shade, and attracts hummingbirds! Mature plant size 15" in height with a 30-37" spread.
- *Images are for reference only and are of mature plants * In winter all plants will ship dormant (without leaves). Hardiness zone: 3-9
- Perfect Mother's Day gift for the flower lover and hosta grower
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Add a splash of instant color to your home with these realistic-looking faux hostas
- The set includes three lush hosta bushes, each with 48 leaves
- Use them together or separately, in your pots or baskets, or stake them into the ground
- Pot not included| Use separately for smaller bouquets or all together for a bold and beautiful arrangement (as shown)| Polyester
- Shop with confidence! For over 50 years, Collections Etc has been bringing unique, whimsical, inspirational, and home solution products to customers. All Collections Etc products come with a 60 day, easy return policy and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
You can try find out more about
How to Plant Hostas in a Pot