For best results, cut off the bottom 1/2 inch of the trunk prior to placing in the tree stand.
Drilling a 1/4″ diameter hole up the center of the tree trunk will help it soak up much more water, keeping it fresher longer!
Add to Water
Add 1 capful of Miracle-Gro for Christmas Trees to every quart of water added to your tree stand throughout the holiday season.
Check water levels regularly to ensure the bottom 2 inch of the trunk is always immersed in water. Add Miracle-Gro for Christmas Trees with each new quart of water.
Few More Tips:
1. Choose a healthy, green tree with few brown needles.
If you buy your tree from a garden store or roadside lot, it has likely come from out-of-state and has been exposed to drying winds in transit. Run a few branches through your hands; the needles should feel pliable and not fall off. Then, raise the tree a few inches off the ground and drop it onto the trunk. Very few green needles should drop off, though it’s fine for the tree to lose a few brown ones. And select a tree that has been displayed in a shady, not a sunny, location.
2. Trim the trunk (and then trim it again).
When you get home, make a fresh one-inch cut off the end of the trunk and place the tree in a bucket of warm water,if you’re not putting it up right away. This cut rids any dried-over resin that might be blocking the tree from absorbing water.
Store it in an unheated garage or area that’s protected from wind and freezing temperatures. When you do bring it inside, make another one-inch cut off the trunk and place it in a sturdy stand that holds at least one gallon of water. Fill the stand with one quart of water for every inch of the trunk’s diameter.
3. Place it away from heat sources, like fireplaces, radiators, and air ducts.
There’s nothing more Christmas-y than a beautifully decorated tree beside a fireplace, but if you use your fireplace regularly, it could contribute to drying out your tree quicker. If your home is prone to dryness in general, try running a humidifer.
4. Keep the water level above the base of the trunk.
Too little water causes resin to form over the cut end of the trunk. Once that happens, the tree stops absorbing water and dries out quickly. The jury is still out on whether or not additives in the water, like bleach, aspirin, and sugar, are really necessary to keep a tree fresh. They likely won’t hurt, but most experts agree that plenty of plain water is really all you need to keep a tree fresh.
5. Take your tree down before it dries out.
If you wait too long, you’ll have lots more dead pine needles covering your floor. The easiest way to clean up fallen needles is with your vacuum’s hose. Skip the attachments and use just the end of the hose to draw needles directly into the bag or canister.
- EASY TO SETUP IN 10 SECONDS: Black and Decker Christmas Tree Smart Stand is the only tree stand that allows you to set up in 10 second! No screws, no pedals and no hassle! No assembly required!
- CHRISTMAS TREE STANDS FOR REAL TREE: Simply lock the stainless-steel grips into position, insert the tree trunk into the spiked base and add water. Easy-fill water reservoir can hold up to 3.5 liters
- BEST CHRISTMAS TREE STAND: Black & Decker Christmas Tree Smart Stand comes with razor-sharp steel blades which provide maximum security. And it secures any tree up to 9’ tall and trunks with 4.2” in diameter
- AVAILBILITY: Black and Decker Christmas Tree Smart Stand comes in two different Sizes- Smart Stand and Smart Stand XL.
- STABLE STAND BASE: 19.05” classic tree stand, base weight 4.88 lbs WARRENTY: Black & Decker Christmas Tree Smart Stand has 3-year warranty
- ProLong's special formula is an easy, effective way to keep Xmas trees fresher, greener and safer.
- This highly effective product. confirmed by university studies, is the easiest and most convenient method of hydrating your cut tree, thus keeping it greener fresher and safer throughout the holiday season.
- By keeping your tree watered with ProLong you will find the tree will retain their needles longer in the dry heat of your winter home.
- ProLong causes cut trees to absorb more water than it would otherwise, thus extending the life of the tree. ProLong is safe for use with children and pets, when used as directed.
- 8 oz bottle
- SUSTAINED FRESHNESS: formulated to have a fresher, greener longer lasting Christmas Tree
- MAKES REMOVAL EASY: use your removal bag as a tree skirt, when Christmas is over, just wrap the tree and dispose
- FITS MOST LARGE TREES: bag dimensions cover 144 inches in circumference and 90 inches tall
- MADE IN USA:
- EASY TO USE: the 8oz bottle makes 8 gallons of preservative
- WORLD'S FIRST AUTOMATIC WATERERS since 1998 - Solves #1 Problem: Keeps Tree Alive and Watered. Affordable | Reliable | Simple
- SAFE - Sits securely on the floor, disguised as a gift. USA Made, Eco-Safe and 100% recyclable.
- WHATS INCLUDED - Luxurious Hallmark® quality Peppermint Foil Gift Bag, 48 inch Hose, Pump, Modified Jug Caps and Brass Stand Probe (Gallon Jug NOT included)
- INGENIOUS - "no-spill hands-free" operation: Simply swap emptied jug with filled jug, repeat.
- ALL NEW 2019 - Only fill once! Video: bit.do/watersecret Trusted since 1998. Over 60,000 sold. Patented.
- KEEP YOUR TREE ALIVE: Tree Life maximizes the beauty and life of your Christmas tree so it will last until January!
- USE FOR OTHER GREENERY: Contains nutrients that are good for any plant, tree, or flower
- SAVE MONEY: Two Tablespoons of Tree Life makes 8 gallons. This is the only bottle you will need this year (and possibly next)
- Fir Needle Essential Oil from Russia is obtained from the Siberian Fir that grows in North Eastern Europe, Finland, and north America. Fir Needle is commonly used in aromatherapy for its powerful disinfecting properties. Main Chemical Components: Bornyl acetate (32.23%), Camphene (19.31%), alpha-Pinene (14.25%)
- Botanical Name: Abies Siberia / Country of Origin: Russia
- Plant Part: Needles / Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Color/Consistency: Clear with Thin Consistency / Aroma: Fresh, Green, Soft Balsamic, Pine
- 10ml in Amber Glass European Dropper Bottle
You can try find out more about
How keep your Christmas tree fresh longer.