There are two things I usually have to try at a restaurant. One is bread pudding. The other is lobster bisque. Though I am much picker about where I order my lobster bisque from (no Red Lobster version for me).
Lobster has come down in price as of late (at least in my area) and so I thought I would make a bowl of it for myself at home. There is some work involved, especially since you make your own stock but it gives it a nice flavor.
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 tsp tomato paste
8 ounces unsalted butter
1-1/2 lbs Maine lobster
32 ounces water
2 cups heavy cream
2 bay leaves
½ cup dry sherry
Salt and pepper to taste
Steam lobster in water until done, about 8 minutes. Save stock. Remove lobster meat from shell; set aside. Break up lobster shells, then place them back into the water; simmer over low heat until reduced by half.
Heat half the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and celery and saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add bay leaf, tomato paste and sherry and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
Add cream and lobster stock and simmer over low heat (Do not boil.) for 30 to 40 minutes or until soup begins to thicken.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove lobster shells and bay leaves. Chop up lobster meat and add to bisque. Stir in remaining butter.
Serve hot with a little crème fraiche and fresh chives.
- Sustainable fish and seafood species
- Fresh cut, aromatic vegetables. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website
- Real California wine
- Non-irradiated spices
- All natural, all the time with no preservatives, no msg ever
- Lobster stock for use in all your favorite seafood recipes
- Perfect for use as a cooking liqued for fish or seafood entrees
- Produced in small batches
- Made with all natural ingredients
- Fresh off the docks of Maine
- A French classic perfected in the Northwest! This smooth, creamy soup is loaded with Pacific Shrimp, Sockeye Salmon, & Sea Clams with roasted peppers, diced vegetables, and natural seasoning. All ingredients are GMO-free.
- A Sofi Award finalist in 2013 for best new outstanding product. This coveted award is sought after by many companies; after several tasting events with many qualified food judges, the Seafood Bisque was only one a few chosen. We were pleased and honored to accept the award.
- Developing a good Gluten Free product is a challenge by itself, but to develop one that has the outstanding taste characteristics of this Bisque is a feat accomplished by a food scientist at the OSU Oregon's Sea Grant facility. After much development (and trial and error), please taste and enjoy this soup creation.
- These BPA free pouches are microwavable or boilable to provide a fast convenient meal.
- Sea Fare Pacific soups are made by hand on the Oregon Coast with clean simple ingredients.
- BLENDABLE BASES - Easily spoon right out of the jar
- FLAVOR THE WAY YOU LIKE IT - Add as much, or as little, flavor as you desire
- PERFECT PAIR - Try it in marinades, glazes, soups, and on vegetables
- BIG FLAVOR - Add a cooked-all-day taste in half the time
- RICH AND ROBUST - Made with select cooked lobster and spices
- WILDLY DELICIOUS SOUP: You get 4 pouches of our popular, northwest Wild Crab Bisque with Cold Water Pink Shrimp. Experience a smooth and sophisticated bisque featuring Wild Dungeness crab and Oregon pink shrimp blended with sherry, sweet onions and hints of orange and cayenne.
- PURE INGREDIENTS - Truly wild protein + natural Omega-3s from a wild diet; Gluten-free, and free from any artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or antibiotics.
- EASY WEEKDAY LUNCH- Delicious packaged chowder, fully cooked, microwaveable, ready-to-eat lunch for work. This packaged soup feeds one hungry person and tastes great alongside toast or a salad!
- OCEAN TO TRAIL- Camping food you can heat & eat from the pouch, Each 10 oz. pouch feeds one hungry person in just 75 seconds. Heats up right in the BPA-free pouch--use a pot of boiling water. This packaged soup is shelf-stable, requires no refrigeration.
- SUSTAINABLE, NOTHING TO HIDE - At Fishpeople, we’re relentlessly transparent. All of our seafood soups are sustainably-sourced, and you you can dive deeper into the story behind your fish using the tracking code on every pouch.
- Includes 4-16oz containers
- Each 16oz Package Contains 2oz of Lobster Meat
- Local Recipe
- Warm & Enjoy
- Restaurant Quality In A Can
- No MSG
- North Atlantic Lobster
- Sherry Wine Already Added
You can try find out more about