- 3 large potatoes
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces shaved ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Thoroughly grease a 10 inch diameter pan.
- Line the base of the pan with baking paper.
- Peel and halve potatoes. Boil potatoes until tender, drain. Allow potatoes to cool then cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Combine cheeses in a bowl.
- Cover the base of the prepared pan with a layer of potato slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with half the ham and onion. Sprinkle with about one third of the combined cheeses.
- Continue layering ingredients (seasoning each layer of potatoes), finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Use a whisk or fork to beat the eggs and cream until well combined. Gently pour the mixture over ingredients in pan.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the egg mixture has set.
- Cover the bake with aluminium foil if the top begins to cook too much before the egg mixture has set.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cut into wedges to serve.