Growing mushrooms at home easily
Place all of the following items into the Glove Box.
A nice size mushroom.Â Remember, you will be tearing the mushroom stem down the middle.
New X-Acto knife (hobby razor)
Sterile Agar petri dish(s)
91% Alcohol in a small cup
Small alcohol soaked paper towel
Sandwich size Ziploc (one for each petri dish)
Cloning is so easy to do you will not believe it!Â Â
Everything that I am going to show you should be done within a Glovebox.Â There is no way to do this without a complete sterile environment.
And away we go!
Plug in the Glove BoxÂ that has been prepped for usage (if applicable)
Place the prepared Agar/petri dishes in the Glove Box.Â Also place your mushroom, alcohol soaked paper towel…etc into the Glove Box.Â After placing everything into the Glove Box go ahead and wash your hands with some antibacterial soap.
Dip your razor into the alcohol and flame it with your lighter.Â Place it on the alcohol towel in order to keep it clean.Tear your mushroom down the stem and carefully pick a small piece of flesh from the inside of the stem with your razor and place it in the center of the petri dish and quickly replace the lid.Â Dip your razor into the alcohol and flame it again.Â This will eliminate the chance of “cross-over” contamination.Â Repeat the process for a total of three petri dishes in order to guarantee yourself at least one clean petri dish.Â Â If you like you can place a piece of masking tape over opposite ends of the petri dish before placing it into the baggie.Â It is not necessary, but it will hold the dish together to reinsure that it does not accidentally open and become contaminated.
Place each petri dish into separate baggies or all three into one.Â Â
Place the petri dishes into a warm place, your underwear drawer is good, and check on it once a day.Â You will notice that the mycelium becomes fuzzy and begin to spread over the surface of the dish.Â You should be seeing growth in about 2-3 days.Â
If it is contaminated (and you will know due to the green or black fungus) not all will be lost.Â Just repeat the same steps, except, you will be transferring non-contaminated mycelium to a new petri dish.Â Do this until you have a non-contaminated dish.
When the mycelium reaches the edge it is time to use or store the mycelium in the refrigerator (upside down) until you are ready to use it.
The Essential Guide to Cultivating Mushrooms: Simp...
Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide Simple Steps to...
The Mushroom Cultivator: A Practical Guide to Grow...
Root Mushroom Farmâ€” Blue Oyster Mushroom Growing...
- âœ” EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GROW MUSHROOMS IN ONE GIFT BOX. The kit contains organic oyster mushroom spawn, a humidity tent, a spray bottle and a detailed instruction. You do not need any extra tools to start! Mushrooms start in ~7 days once you begin to spray(it can last for months in the box unopened). With our unique design and method, you can easily have multiple harvests and amazing production!
- âœ” MAKES A GREAT GIFT. Our mushroom kit is recommended as a gift for kids, mom, dad, birthdays or as the perfect school project. Buy it now for your loved ones and experience the excitement in growing mushrooms!
- âœ” PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO THE MUSHROOMS â€“ It offers a wonderful opportunity to learn how to grow mushrooms. Arrives with detailed instructions, it is very easy to grow mushrooms at home. Growing mushroom is more than just a fun â€“ You can also taste the organic and fresh mushrooms grown by your own!
- âœ” 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Love it - or your money back! We are positive that you will love your new mushroom kit. If not, simply let us know and we'll process a full refund immediately or compensate you with a new growing kit.
Mycelial Mayhem: Growing Mushrooms for Fun, Profit...
Growing Mushrooms for Profit: For the small scale,...
Back to the Roots Organic Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit...
- 100% ORGANIC AND NON-GMO: There's no need to worry about intoxicants that may hinder your plant's growth because the Back to the Roots Mushroom Growing Kit is completely organic and not genetically modified; You can cook them however you want or add them to your favorite dishes
- GROW YOUR PLANT ALL YEAR-ROUND: This organic mushroom indoor kit allows you to grow your own crop all-year round; Just place the box near a window with indirect light, mist twice a day, and you'll see delicious, beautiful mushrooms growing within a week; Included in this kit is an organic plant-based soil infused with mushroom spawn and a booklet with instructions
- CONVENIENT AND EASY: Mushrooms are one of the easiest to grow indoors; All you need to do is open, spray daily with the included mister, and in 10 days you'll be harvesting your own mushrooms right out of the box; Each crop produces three to four servings of mushrooms, and each box can grow up two crops
- THE PERFECT GIFT: The perfect holiday gift, it comes in a beautiful packaging so that it's ready to be given to foodie, garden-loving and eco-conscious friends and family; This kit is also part of our Grow One Give One campaign, simpy share a picture on social media, tag us and use the campaign hashtag, and we'll donate a kit to a classroom of your choice
- GUARANTEED TO GROW: Made in the USA and 100% Guaranteed to grow. If you are not satisfied, simply message us and we will send you a Back To The Roots replacement