These Cork bird houses are completely functional, with a wood frame and real cork siding and shingles. A perch is intentionally omitted to prevent access into the house by larger birds and predators. Please note that each wine cork birdhouse is unique and the wine cork brands or designs may not be the same as in the photos. However all wine corks used are genuine wine bottle corks! All of the houses are made with weather-grade adhesive for indoor or outdoor use. The bottom is removable for easy cleaning and there is a “chimney-like” tab at the back for hanging. Approximate measurements: 6 1/2″L, 4 1/2″W, 10″H. The entrance hole is 1 1/8″, a standard size to accommodate most song birds. A perfect gift for the bird lover or wine enthusiast. No two are alike!
Wine Bottle Cork Birdhouse
Materials to Complete Wine Bottle Cork Birdhouse
90 corks and (1 Champagne cork–optional)
1 cedar shingle or 8 inch x 5 inches x ¼ inch wooden board
small twigs from a tree
1 four inch stick or small wooden dowel
(2 dried wheat tops — optional)
hot-point glue gun and 3 eight-inch glue sticks
(small birds from craft store—optional)
TIP: You don not need to drink 90 bottles of wine to build this project, You can buy the wine corks at any wine making store or even on Ebay.
How to build your wine bottle cork birdhouse.
Step 1: You will need 12 corks to build each side of the birdhouse. Glue 2 corks lengthwise together. Repeat 3 times to make 4 pairs of corks. To start the bottom of one side, take your pairs of horizontal corks and glue a single upright cork between the pairs. (See picture.) On top of each end of this row, glue a pair of corks upright, leaving a space in the middle to form the window. You can then glue 3 corks end to end and center them on top of this second row and glue to complete one side of birdhouse. Repeat step 1 to complete other side of birdhouse.
Step 2. The back wall of the birdhouse requires 17 corks. Glue 2 corks together lengthwise. Repeat 2 times to complete 3 pairs. Take 3 corks and glue them end-to-end. Repeat once. Center this row of 3 corks across the back end of your wooden shingle and glue horizontally to straight edge of board.
Step 3. To this row glue the 3 pairs of corks you made in step 2. Glue one pair upright, one pair horizontally, and last pair upright. Glue your other row of 3 corks to the top of this row.
Step 4. The sides you built earlier can now be glued to the shingle and to the back wall of birdhouse. The 3 cork horizontal row of the sides of your birdhouse should be facing upwards. You can reinforce the walls by gluing an extra bead of glue across the inside of all walls to the shingle. You will notice your three corks from the top of your sidewalls should overlap the back wall. You glue them to the top of your back wall and fill the space on the back with 2 horizontal corks. You have completed 3 walls of the birdhouse.
Step 5. The birdhouse front requires 12 corks. Glue 4 corks upright across front hole of house. On top of this row, glue 2 corks horizontally to form the bottom of the birdhouse hole. Glue a single cork upright on each outside edge of this row. Glue a cork horizontally in-between the top of these 2 corks. You may have to trim cork to fit hole.(see picture.) Glue all front corks to sides of the house. Now you are ready to make the roof.
Step 6. You require 36 corks for the roof. The sections of the roof require 4 rows of 8 corks glued together lengthwise. Glue 2 of these rows together end to end. (See picture.) Repeat this for other side of roof.
Step 7. Glue a row of 4 corks end to end. These 4 corks will be the top peak of your roof. Take this row of 4 corks and glue across one end of your 16-cork roof side. Now glue the other side of roof to this peak at a 45-degree angle. Turn over roof and reinforce joints with extra glue.
Step 8. You can attach roof to sides of birdhouse by a large bead of glue on top of each sidewall of birdhouse. You gently put the roof on top leaving a ¼ inch overhang of the roof on each side. Take your glue gun and add extra glue underneath this overhang to make the roof stronger.
Step 9. You will notice the spaces under the roof on the front and back walls. At the back of the birdhouse center one cork horizontally on top of last row in the space. Cut one cork on a 45-degree angle at the middle of the cork. You glue these cut corks on each end of middle cork under roof. (see picture.) Cutting a cork into a triangle fills the top space.
Step 10. The front of the birdhouse take 2 corks and glue end to end on top of last row. The last cork, shave a little off each end to fit the hole snugly.
Step 11. Curve the bottom of the Champagne cork so it glues nicely over a cork in the roof. Put the front perch stick in under the window opening and decorate the windows with tree twigs. The front birdhouse hole can be trimmed with twigs and dried wheat heads. The little birds are optional.
- This nesting box is made of Cedar
- A traditional and versatile bird box that can be placed in any garden
- The equipped hasp can keep its opening shut for the safety of birds
- You can use the back slot to hang it on a suitable fixture or use a deck screw for extra support
- Dimensions: 6-inch in length, 5-1/2-inch in width, 11-inch in height
- Delightful birdhouse made from wood and metal
- Accented with colorful cutouts of garden delights
- Features a sliding door on back for cleaning purpose
- Adds fun and cheer to any garden decor
- Excellent gift for any bird or nature lover
- Crafted from insect and rot resistant premium cedar with a water-based protective stain; The hardware used in construction of the house is rust-free
- Air vents allow for maximum air ventilation through wall and floor openings
- Clean-out doors provide easy access for cleaning
- Predator guard extends the entrance hole to protect young birds against predators
- Pole mount or flush mount installation options
- Wonderful gift for any bird or nature lover and perfect addition to your deck or patio
- Birdhouse will accent your home or garden
- Uniquely crafted and includes jute cord attached securely for hanging
- Removable clean-out plug on the bottom. Hand-painted and made of polyresin.
- Measures: 7"W x 6"H, hangs 18". Fully Assembled, No other hardware required.
- 🌿 AMAZING CLOSE UP VIEWS OF YOUR FAVORITE WILD BIRDS! Made from high transparency, see-through acrylic so you can study the beautiful markings of each bird. Makes bird watching fun and easy from the comfort of your own home while relaxing in your favorite chair, working at your desk, making dinner in the kitchen, and more. Kids and pets also love to watch the birds sitting inches away from their faces.
- 🌿 ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF WILD BIRDS WITHOUT NEEDING BINOCULARS! If you are looking for a top-of-the-line bird feeder, to attract birds right to your window, you will love our Nature’s Hangout Outdoor Window Bird Feeder! It is made from high transparency, see-through acrylic so you can study and appreciate the beauty of local bird species. Now you can enjoy bird watching from the comfort of your home while drinking your morning coffee, making dinner, or working at your desk!
- 🌿 THE EASIEST BIRD FEEDER YOU’LL EVER CLEAN… We created our high-end bird feeder with you in mind. The removable tray makes it easy to quickly and easily clean. Simply remove the tray, and discard any debris and old seeds. You can also quickly wipe down the surface with a wet towel to get rid of any dirt or water marks. And you don’t have to worry about bird seed staying wet and getting nasty. We made drain holes in the tray and main feeder to prevent seed from staying wet. Enjoy!
- 🌿 PROVIDES HOURS OF ENJOYMENT FOR CHILDREN, CATS, & THE ELDERLY! Maybe you are looking for great way to teach your curious child about nature and birds— or you’re trying to keep your lazy cat entertained throughout the day— or maybe you’re looking for a way to help your elderly parents or grandparents feel at peace— Our Window Bird Feeder will provide hours and hours of wholesome enjoyment for all ages!
- 🌿 INCLUDES OUR LIFETIME “STRONGEST SUCTION CUPS GUARANTEE.” Providing exceptional quality products and top notch customer service is our #1 Priority. We promise you that your Nature’s Hangout bird feeder will never fall down, or we’ll provide you with a full refund! You can click the yellow “Add to Cart” button today with confidence— knowing that you are getting the best window bird feeder!
- Hand made from all natural Rustic Western Red Cedar-No finishes or preservatives
- Easy open door for cleaning, Weather Resistant
- Made in the USA by carpenters with over 40 years experience
- Designed for use by many species of wild birds; Entrance hole is 1 1/2 inches
- Mounting hardware, sturdy weatherproof screws and instructions included, Simple, easy installation
- Sloping roof is convenient during rainy days.
- Painted surface, an attractive garden decor and a secure house for birds.
- All paints are extracted from plants, non-toxic, safe for birds.
- There is a slot in the back which you can use to hang on a suitable fixture. And you can also use a deck screw for extra support.
- Dimensions: 6-inch in length, 5-3/4-inch in width, 11-inch in height.
- SWEET LITTLE WOODEN BIRDHOUSE WITH FEEDER --- This sweet little wooden DIY home by SunGrow will make a wonderful addition to your garden. Little birds will flock to feed in this cozy birdhouse. It is specially designed to attract eastern bluebirds. It can provide a shelter home to various small birds looking for a place to nest and to set up housekeeping.
- FUN PROJECT FOR KIDS & FAMILY --- Introduce your kids to the wonders of the earth through this paintable birdhouse. Unleash your child’s creativity by getting your child engrossed in painting and decorating this plain wood house. This makes it a great craft for schools and camps. Let your kids’ creativity fly with this simple yet engaging activity. It is just the perfect fun activity for a rainy day for the entire family.
- PERCH FOR BIRDS --- Little wooden birdfeeder can be easily hung from a sturdy branch with the use of a rope loop. This cute little perch is the perfect place for small birds like songbirds, finches, and sparrows to sit and feed.
- TWO ENTRANCE-WAYS --- This cozy little bird feeder features two entranceways. A small pigeon hole on one side provides air ventilation and a sweet little door on a hinge on the other side to make cleaning easy. The door is about 3.5” tall and 1.5” wide. Great for birdwatching! To give this birdhouse a real effect, decorate the entrance with petals and leaves.
- MULTIPURPOSE --- You can use this birdhouse in your garden by hanging it on a sturdy branch. It can also be placed on a ledge, hung on your balcony, or as a centerpiece in a miniature fairy garden; the choice is all yours. Note: This house must be sealed or painted before exposing it outdoors - in moisture and/or high humidity temperature. This will restrain any impact on the woodhouse due to weather fluctuations.
- Constructed of reforested, kiln dried, inland red cedar
- Ornithologically designed to attract bluebirds
- One 1/2-Inch hole is ideal for eastern bluebirds
- A 1/2-Inch air ventilation gap is provided at the top and a drain hole at the base
- Easy open front to make cleaning easy, Made in the USA
- Constructed of reforested, kiln dried, inland red cedar
- Ornithologically designed to attract bluebirds
- One 1/2" hole is ideal for eastern bluebirds
- A 1/2" air ventilation gap is provided at the top and a drain hole at the base
- Easy open front to make cleaning easy
- Made in the USA
- Give small birds shelter from the elements with our handmade grass and wood roosting pockets.
- Set of three roosting pockets are constructed with a variety of grasses for a natural appearance and feel. The rough surface make entrance and exit easier for birds, as well as provides natural drainage and ventilation.
- Natural materials make it easier for roosting pockets to blend with surroundings, so wrens, chickadees, finches, titmice, and other small songbirds can protect themselves from predators.
- Both functional and attractive, our nesting pockets will add rustic charm to your outside decor.
- Roosting pockets will last longest if hung in sheltered locations, such as under eaves or in bushes, wherever birds are prone to build their nests. Built-in waxed twine loop makes it simple to set up.
- 🐦 ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF WILD BIRDS WITHOUT NEEDING BINOCULARS! If you are looking for a top-of-the-line birdhouse to attract birds right to your window, you will love our Nature’s Hangout Outdoor Window Bird Feeder! It is made from high transparency, see-through acrylic so you can study and appreciate the beauty of local bird species. Now you can enjoy bird watching from the comfort of your home while drinking your morning coffee, making dinner, or working at your desk!
- 🐦 THE EASIEST BIRD FEEDER YOU’LL EVER CLEAN… We created our high-end bird houses with you in mind. The removable tray makes it easy to quickly and easily clean. Simply remove the tray, and discard any debris and old seeds. You can also quickly wipe down the surface with a wet towel to get rid of any dirt or water marks. And you don’t have to worry about seed staying wet inside these birdhouses. We made drain holes in the tray and main feeder so seed can properly dry. Enjoy!
- 🐦 PROVIDES HOURS OF ENJOYMENT FOR CHILDREN, CATS, & THE ELDERLY! Maybe you're looking for great way to teach your curious child about nature and birds— or you’re trying to keep your lazy cat entertained throughout the day— or maybe you’re looking for a way to help your elderly parents or grandparents feel at peace— Our Window Bird Feeder will provide hours of wholesome enjoyment for all ages! TIP: To make this a squirrel proof bird feeder, mount high on a window away from jump-off points.
- 🐦 THE PERFECT GIFT FOR BIRD WATCHERS! If you are looking for a thoughtful gift for that animal lover in your life, then you might consider giving them our large, Nature’s Hangout Birdfeeder House! It arrives at your door in beautiful gift packaging, and measures in at 9.5" (wide) x 9.17" (tall) x 4.3" (deep). It will definitely be a favorite gift that keeps on giving for years of bird watching pleasure— right outside their window!
- 🐦 INCLUDES OUR LIFETIME “STRONGEST SUCTION CUPS GUARANTEE.” Providing exceptional quality products and top notch customer service is our #1 Priority. We promise you that your Nature’s Hangout bird feeder will never fall down, or we’ll provide you with a full refund! You can click the yellow “Add to Cart” button today with confidence— knowing that you are getting the best window bird feeder!
- ✔ HIDEAWAY FROM PREDATORS --- There are many animals around your garden that are a danger for little birds. The 8.7 x 4.5” big SunGrow bird hut provides a safe hideaway for birds who are escaping predators. The perfect sized 1.6” x 1.6” front opening doesn’t allow the big predators like raccoons, hawks or kites to enter into your little friend’s safe house.
- ✔ SHELTER FROM COLD --- During cold winter nights’ finches, chickadees, tits or sparrows will roost inside this bird hut to stay warm. It provides a sheltered warm place for birds from cold biting winds, rain or snow. The handweavers, after much thought and consideration, have designed this fiber structure. During rains, the water won’t stay in your chirping friend’s house.
- ✔ COZY RESTING PLACE --- You can hang as many of these grass bird huts as you like around your porch or garden to provide a cozy warm shelter for your little-feathered friends. They love to come and rest inside these cozy shelters. It provides them with the required ventilation and comfort.
- ✔ HANDMADE USING RAW FIBERS --- This SunGrow teardrop shaped bird hut is made from woven grass fiber. It is durable and breathable for little birds to nest in. The fibers are tightly woven so that they don’t come off easily. The sturdy structure of the nest can even withstand strong winds.
- ✔ EASY TO HANG WITH HANGING LOOP--- This gourd or teardrop shaped woven grass bird hut is super easy to hang inside or outside your home. It comes with a hanging loop made using raw fibers attached at the top that can be hung from a tree branch or hooked on your porch.
You can try find out more about
wine cork bird house