Students use this to develop multiplication strategies to learn their threes multiplication tables. Fours multiplication tables can be learned as well if students include counting the top part of their palm. See the pictures below for more clarification.
Students naturally count on their fingers, so making them aware that there are three sections on their fingers would help them count each section of their fingers to figure out a multiplication fact. Eventually. students could count by 3’s as they touch each finger and would no longer have to count each section by 1’s as they get more comfortable with the multiples of three. You could do up to 3?10=30 on your hands.
If you look at the back of your hand, your fingers are divided into 3 sections where they bend. If you train children to touch each part of their finger then they will have fifteen sections on each hand … or 3 sections per finger. So if a student was trying to solve let’s say 3 x 4, then they could hold up 4 fingers and count the sections by ones. For the first finger they would count 1, 2, 3…the second finger 4, 5, 6, the third finger 7, 8, 9, and the fourth finger 10, 11, 12. So there are four fingers with 3 sections on each leading to the answer 12. Eventually students would hopefully stop counting each section by ones and realize that each finger could be counted by 3. At that point, then the child could count on four fingers saying 3 as he touches the first finger, 6 as he touches the second finger, 9 as he touches the third finger, and 12 as he touches the fourth finger. Students would have to count each finger section by ones if they are fledgling learners of multiplication. Eventually they will hopefully count just the whole finger skip counting. Using your finger sections is a very concrete direct modeling strategy according to CGI (Cognitively Guided Instruction) in which each item is counted. When students gain some understanding of multiplication as equal groups, then they can use a skip counting strategy.
- BOOST 4th GRADE MATH SKILLS - This easy-to-use children's math workbook provides teachers and parents with daily math practice activities to improve students' mathematical fluency. Kids ages 8-10 will become confident with math in no time!
- GREAT FOR CLASSROOM OR HOME USE - Consistent practice is the best way for students to develop a solid foundation of math skills, whether in the classroom or at home. This problem solving workbook provides quick, fun activities and includes diagnostic tools for parents and teachers. Ideal for math intervention support.
- MASTER MATH SKILLS - Each problem in this 4th grade book is tied to a specific mathematical concept including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, algebraic thinking, data analysis, logic problems, and much more. Students will master one new skill at a time, while building their confidence in math.
- ALIGNS TO NATIONAL & STATE STANDARDS - This children's math workbook is aligned to college and career readiness standards. Data-driven assessment tools enable teachers or parents to quickly score student's work and monitor their progress.
- CREATED BY TEACHERS - This 4th grade problem solving workbook is created by teachers for teachers, parents, and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun.
- Math games
- Math quiz
- Multiplication tables
- Quizzes and Answers
- Practice, tips, tricks
- Multiplication facts organized by initial number, one through twelve.
- Handy format helps to present and memorize "fact families."
- Extra Value: Back of chart features reproducible activities, subject information, and helpful tips.
- 17" x 22" size appropriate for classrooms as well as smaller workspaces & home use.
- IMPROVE YOUR CHILD'S SPATIAL REASONING SKILLS needed for Pre-K to Kindergarten (and beyond!) non-verbal tests and school success.
- HELP YOUR CHILD SCORE HIGHER ON NON-VERBAL TESTS such as NNAT, Raven's Matrices, CogAT, CCAT, OLSAT, InView, SAGES, WNV, WISC, Stanford-Binet and more!
- TURN SKILL BUILDING INTO PLAY with activities featuring Testing Mom's wacky and silly Space Babies! Use these cards to make a long car ride feel shorter. Or add in a few rewards (like a sticker for every right answer!) and turn learning new concepts into a fun game. Durable, smudge proof cards are easy to clean and will last through countless sessions at home, in the car or on the go!
- TEACH STRATEGIES AND TRICKS FOR SOLVING figural analogies, pattern and serial reasoning puzzles, folding and hole punch questions, and more.
- ENJOY HOURS OF OFFLINE LEARNING FUN with these cards that includes 160+ challenges on 72 cards. Encourages hands-on play while reducing screen time.
- Universal fit filter tip prevents passage of aerosols but allows free passage of air
- Volume: 1000 microliter
- Color: clear
- Pre-sterilized; autoclavable; racked
- Certified RNase, DNase, and endotoxin free
- 20 different levels
- multi-language: english and portugues
- brain fit
- Classroom resource
- Professional development
You can try find out more about