Due to my obsession with chia seeds, I’ve found plenty of ways to use these nutritional powerhouses in everything from chia pudding to this ancient Mexican energy drink known as Chia Fresca.
The Huffington Post tells us that Chia Fresca can be used as an awesome pre-workout drink too.
Plus, the ingredients are pantry staples that most of us already have on hand:
- 2 c of water or coconut water
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- Natural sweetener to taste (maple syrup or honey is great here)
Here’s how you make it:
- Add the chia seeds and water to a jar or glass. Stir well. If your chia seeds sink to the bottom, you may want to use a jar with a lid so you can shake everything up.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sweetener to taste.
The chia seeds will actually expand in your stomach, which keeps you full and wards off unwanted cravings, and the lemon juice gives your metabolism a nice little boost.
And if you use coconut water as your base, you’ll be hitting those last few pounds with a triple punch of fat burning power.