Delicious Honey & Cinnamon Weight Loss Drink- Mix half a teaspoon of cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon is the best) with a cup of hot water. Let it cool down and add a teaspoon of raw, organic honey to the wat
While you’re working hard to shed the unwanted pounds, honey and cinnamon combination can assist you in four ways:
1.If you take the mix in the morning, on an empty stomach, it increases your metabolic rate and promotes fat burning and provides you with a steady supply of energy.
2. Since you don’t experience the infamous sugar crash, the mixture of honey and cinnamon stops in-between meal nibbling and reduces unhealthy cravings. Research published in 2007 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, was one of the studies that showed how cinnamon actually reduces blood sugar levels. As sugar doesn’t build up in the blood, this characteristic supports weight-loss.
3. When taken before workout, honey and cinnamon will give you the energy boost needed to start and complete your exercise session. Increased metabolic rate enhances the effects of the workout.
4. In the evening, cinnamon and honey help you avoid night time cravings and they also reduce hunger pangs by providing your stomach with some (healthy) substance to munch on.
Honey and Cinnamon Mixture for Weight Loss
Mix half a teaspoon of cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon is the best) with a cup of hot water. Let it cool down and add a teaspoon of raw, organic honey to the water mixture and stir (cooling to a drinkable temperature will help raw honey keep its nutritional value). Drink the concoction.
When to Take Honey and Cinnamon?
The mixture can be drunk at different times of the day. For best effects, consider consuming it:
– In the morning, about 20-30 minutes before having your breakfast.
– Between meals, especially if you start feeling hungry and you experience food cravings. The mixture will lessen your appetite and also help you stay focused and alert throughout the day.
– Before your aerobic workout, especially if you feel that your energy levels are low. Try to exercise on an empty stomach and abstain from eating for another 30 minutes (or more) after you’ve finished with the session. This helps you burn more calories, as the body doesn’t need to deal with digestion while working out.
– In the evening, before bedtime, so you can get through the night easier and get a good night’s sleep.